Fáilte cuir in eagar
Haigh agus fáilte. (Hi and welcome). Thanks for your contributions thus far to the project. Just a few quick tounge-in-cheek notes for you:
- "Fuirseoir" means "comedian". Not every actor is a comedian. (Use this noun/category more judiciously)
- "Meiricéanach" means "American". Not every actor is American. (Consider peppering in some other nationalities. "Sasanach" is a fun one. It means "English".)
- "é" is the male personal pronoun. Not every actor is male. (Saying "Jennifer Aniston is an American actress, and HE was born in 1969" would be silly in English. It's just as silly in Irish. "í" is the personal pronoun for girls. "rugadh sa bhliain 1969 í" is just better. Try it out agus beir bua leis).
- Hi. I appreciate that my above note was more in fun than a serious suggestion, but can you please pay a little more attention to facts and correctness? (Your most recent edits ascribed English nationality to a number of comedic actors who are clearly American. And didn't pay attention to gender in the case of Estelle Harris). It is frankly better to have no article at all than to have an article which is replete with incomplete half-truths and inaccuracies. Guliolopez (talk) 16:21, 11 Bealtaine 2012 (UTC)
Escalation cuir in eagar
Hi. Further to the above, you continue to add/edit articles in a way that is not entirely beneficial to the project. While we're delighted with your interest, many of your edits consistently include the same mistakes (including several that have been noted before). Please acknowledge and start to address the following points in any future edits. Otherwise will need to consider escalating as "Disruptive Editing":
- "Fuirseoir" means "comedian". It does not mean "voice actor" (or whatever you seem to think it means). Unless someone is definitively a comedian or stand-up (or primarily a comedic actor), then please do not describe them as a comedian. Or include them in the category.
- "é" is the male personal pronoun. Please don't use "é" when describing a female person. It's just wrong. (See previous examples above)
- Dates. Saying "ar an [DATE]" means "on the [DATE]". Therefore "ar an 4 Bealtaine 1976" means "on the 4th of May 1976". This is fine. However, "ar an 1976" reads as "on the 1976". This reads badly in English. It reads just as badly in Irish. If you are just putting a year, use "sa bhliain 1976" instead. See here. (And the other several dozen cleanups I've had to do).
- Nationality. Not everyone is American. Stop ascribing US nationality to non-Americans. Just stop. It's getting silly. (Also, please don't copy and paste infobox contents without translation. As here. "England" is not an Irish word.)
This project does not have the volume of editors to correct these types of mistakes quickly and organically. So, you either need to acknowledge the help that is being offered, and address these points BEFORE you contribute your next article - or we'll need to think about escalating. Where that escalation could include simply deleting any articles which have more errors than value. Guliolopez (talk) 18:01, 21 Bealtaine 2012 (UTC)
Further escalation cuir in eagar
While there has been some improvement, the last "batch" of articles you created had several basic errors. Many of which have been noted ad nauseum before:
- Not everyone is a man (the "é" versus "í" distinction mentioned before)
- Not everyone is American (don't know how many different ways to say this)
- Omitting the fact that someone has died is an omission that borders on an error
As above it would be in line with editing guidelines to acknowledge and do something about these issues. While it's great that you're contributing here, continuing to create articles with consistent errors is NOT useful to the project, and isn't sustainable without some kind of action to address. Guliolopez (talk) 00:38, 16 Meán Fómhair 2012 (UTC)
Genuine and pained final warning cuir in eagar
Hi. As much as it pains me to do it, I am forced to give you a final escalated warning on this stuff. Your last article was so full of errors as to border on the bizarre. (Your article described Brian George as a female American actor and singer from New York. Brian George is demonstrably a man, is not commonly known for his singing, and was verifyably not born in New York. In fact, he's not American at all.) If a vandal introduced this type of erroneous content, they'd be blocked very quickly.
If this was the first such occurrence of this type of factual error it might even be funny. But it's not. It's one of many. And at least the 5th time it's been raised.
Consistently introducing content with demonstrably false information is NOT useful to the project. In fact, particularly when it relates to living persons, it is especially egregious and actually damaging to the project.
Continuing to introduce factual inaccuracies (despite multiple escalations and offers of assistance) will have to be treated under the disruptive editing guidelines. Consistent failure to "get the point" is covered by guideline:
- If the community spends more time cleaning up an editor's mistakes and educating them about policies and guidelines than it considers necessary, sanctions may have to be imposed, though it is rare for them to be permanent
As much as I will absolutely hate to do it, if you keep this up (and introduce more errors without engaging with the offers of help), then a short-term block may be required. Guliolopez (talk) 16:51, 26 Meán Fómhair 2012 (UTC)
Coiscthe/Blocked cuir in eagar
| Tá an t-úsaideoir seo coiscthe ar feadh lá amháin ar an gcúis seo a leanas: na cúiseanna atá liostaithe thuas. Má tá suim ag an úsáideoir seo obair fhiúntach a dhéanamh amach anseo, caithfidh siad fanacht go dtí deireadh na tréimhse coiscthe. |
Féach ar an log coiscthe.
Reminder cuir in eagar
Since the expiry of the (above) short-block, you've continued to create articles with similar issues. While the community has thus far been able to keep ahead of the issues you're introducing, you may want to consider engaging with the offers of help. (If not with me, then consider reaching-out to another editor). As a reminder: "if the community spends more time cleaning up an editor's mistakes and educating them about policies and guidelines than it considers necessary, sanctions may have to be imposed". Cheers Guliolopez (talk) 23:42, 29 Deireadh Fómhair 2012 (UTC)
Second block cuir in eagar
Yet again you've completely ignored my note and have created multiple articles which are replete with factual inaccuracies and are of no use or value to the project. (Miley Cyrus is female - not male as implied by your edits. Tara Strong is neither male nor an American - as you indicated. James Coburn has passed away - so the present tense is inappropriate. Etc. Etc) This type of content degrades the project - as do the "empty" articles that convey no information whatsoever). I therefore have no choice but to block you again. Guliolopez (talk) 17:14, 30 Deireadh Fómhair 2012 (UTC)
| Tá an t-úsaideoir seo coiscthe ar feadh seachtain amháin ar an gcúis seo a leanas: na cúiseanna atá liostaithe thuas. Má tá suim ag an úsáideoir seo obair fhiúntach a dhéanamh amach anseo, caithfidh siad fanacht go dtí deireadh na tréimhse coiscthe. |
Féach ar an log coiscthe.
(Blocked for 1 week under relevant guidelines for repeated "failure to get the point". Soft-block with no prejudice to long term. Although beginning to wonder whether longer-term sanctions required) Guliolopez (talk) 17:14, 30 Deireadh Fómhair 2012 (UTC)
Third block cuir in eagar
Hi. I have given you fair warning over several months now (nearly a year?) that inaccurate articles are unhelpful (even harmful) to the project. Yet again you created several articles which described various actors as: women (when they are men), American (when they are English), dead (when they are alive), alive (when dead), and a lot of other sins of omission and inaccuracy. With regret, I am blocking you again. This time for longer. Guliolopez (talk) 20:15, 2 Feabhra 2013 (UTC)
| Tá an t-úsaideoir seo coiscthe ar feadh mí amháin ar an gcúis seo a leanas: na cúiseanna atá liostaithe thuas. Má tá suim ag an úsáideoir seo obair fhiúntach a dhéanamh amach anseo, caithfidh siad fanacht go dtí deireadh na tréimhse coiscthe. |
Féach ar an log coiscthe.
Leathanach plé é seo a bhaineann le húsáideoir gan ainm nár chruthaigh cuntas fós, nó nach bhfuil ag úsáid an chuntais. Dá bhrí sin, caithfimid an seoladh IP a úsáid chun é/í a (h)ionannú. Is féidir le níos mó ná úsáideoir amháin an seoladh IP céanna a úsáid. Má tá tú i d'úsáideoir gan ainm agus má cheapann tú go bhfuil teachtaireachtaí nach mbaineann leat seolta chugat, cruthaigh cuntas nó logáil isteach chun mearbhall le húsáideoirí eile gan ainmneacha a éalú amach anseo.