Tugtar ceithearnach ar fhear fichille freisin.
SanasaíochtCuir in Eagar
Meán-Ghaeilge: ceithern. Kern a deirtear i mBéarla.
MacbethCuir in Eagar
- The merciless Macdonwald--
- Worthy to be a rebel, for to that
- The multiplying villanies of nature
- Do swarm upon him--from the western isles
- Of kerns and gallowglasses is supplied;
- Mark, king of Scotland, mark:
- No sooner justice had with valour arm'd
- Compell'd these skipping kerns to trust their heels,
- But the Norweyan lord surveying vantage,
- With furbish'd arms and new supplies of men
- Began a fresh assault.
- I cannot strike at wretched kerns, whose arms
- Are hired to bear their staves: either thou, Macbeth,
- Or else my sword with an unbatter'd edge
- I sheathe again undeeded.