Redirects Cuir in Eagar
Haigh Tameamseo. Maolaigh ar do luas anseo. Ní gá go mbeadh athsheolaidh do gach uille athruithe, mí-litriú nó aistriúchán do n'ainmneacha sin! Guliolopez 14:47, 16 Bealtaine 2008 (UTC)
Help please Cuir in Eagar
Hi could you help me translate the Dustin the Turkey article, and the Charlotte Perrelli article into beautiful irish. thanks.--220.127.116.11 15:15, 16 Bealtaine 2008 (UTC)
Irish names Cuir in Eagar
Hi there, and thanks for adding the articles on GAA players. One request though - please use the Irish language version of the name, since that is the one that we prioritise here on the Irish language Wiki. If you need help finding the Irish versions of names, just let me know and I can help out. Go raibh maith agat. --Antóin 19:55, 12 Iúil 2008 (UTC)
- Glad to see that you are adding new articles with the Irish names now, keep it up! One thing - I noticed in the Antóin de Nais article that you took the Irish version from the English Wiki, and it was incorrect. Unfortunately, we can't always trust the info there, a mistake that I have made myself more than once :). A good source of info is here
It's fairly reliable and extensive. --Antóin 17:47, 15 Iúil 2008 (UTC)
Idir-vicí Cuir in Eagar
Agus tú ag cruthú ailt nua, an féidir leat an leagan Gaeilge a chur i liosta na h-idirvicí ar an leathanach Béarla, le do thoil. Muna bhfuil sé déannta ní féidir le duine ar bith dul ón leagan Fraincis, Gearmáinis srl dul chuig an leagan Gaeilge.
Hi Tameamseo. Just a quick request for you! When you write an article on the Irish language wikipedia, could you please add the Irish link to the corresponding English language version, please. This enables viewers from other wiki's to click into the Irish version if they so choose. Only one link to one other language version would suffice as the bots would do the rest of the work. E.g. on the Foynes article there is no corresponding Irish language link. All you need to do is go into the English language version, click on edit and scroll down to the end of the page where you will see the link to other languages, eg: [[fr:Foynes]], [[de:Foynes]] etc. Just add [[ga:Faing]] to that article and it will update on the rest of the pages.
Regards, --MacTire02 14:59, 12 Lúnasa 2008 (UTC)
Hipirtíoróideacht Cuir in Eagar
Sa leagan Béarla de Vicipéid tá seo a leanas "Causes
Functional thyroid tissue producing an excess of thyroid hormone occurs in a number of clinical conditions. The major causes in humans are:
- Graves' disease (the most common etiology with 70-80%)
- Toxic thyroid adenoma
- Toxic multinodular goiter"
Éóg1916 21:28, 21 Mí na Nollag 2008 (UTC)
The GFDL and "carving out" articles from principle pages Cuir in Eagar
Hi. I *think* I understand why you have chosen to "copy and paste" sub-sections of certain articles into their own stand alone pages. However, I'm not so sure that (without addressing some issues) it's entirely appropriate. The problems I see are:
- GFDL/Authorship history: According to the GFDL license under which we publish content here, the history of authorship should be maintained. The system you have used to "copy and paste" has meant this history is lost. Under the GFDL this isn't quite fair. As the original author has a right to acknowledgement for their work. If you copy anything else, be ABSOLUTELY SURE to ascribe credit where credit is due.
- Context: I see that in some cases you've made an effort to give a new lead-in to the articles. However - out of context - these new "snippet articles" are sometimes still missing some key info. Making them hard to read/understand on their own. (EG: Without context, who are "Na Bána"?) Also the formatting is not always fully up to scratch in the new context. (Heading levels for example)
- Redundancy: This is less of an issue than the above two, but - unless the intent is for these new articles to be extended into something different or new from the originals - it is more than a little redundant to have copy and paste verbatim copies. Unless we are chasing some kind of "article count" (WHICH WE SHOULD NOT BE DOING), then a redirect might be a better alternative.
Please consider these points before engaging in any more "copy and paste" exercises. Guliolopez 18:54, 16 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
- A Ghuliolpez, go raibh maith agat as do mholtaí. I'll take those on board. Tameamseo 23:55, 16 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
Laethanta cothrom roghnaithe -> Laethanta roghnaithe Cuir in Eagar
Ceist Cuir in Eagar
An bhfuil Pyramideaca an Gaeilge de "Pyramids"? Níl sé in aon foclóir a chonaic mé. Sioraf 18:04, 15 Aibreán 2009 (UTC)
Tesco Ireland Cuir in Eagar
GRMA as ucht do ghlanadh ar an leathanach Tesco Ireland. Ní fhaca mé na botúin a ndearna mé mé féin! (Footyfanatic3000 21:13, 28 Aibreán 2009 (UTC))
Riarthóir Cuir in Eagar
Ba chóir go mbeadh tú i do riarthóir de bharr do chuid oibre. Tá sé tuilte agat, dar liom. (Footyfanatic3000 20:09, 8 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC))
... Cuir in Eagar
Bhuel, tá mo gaeilge olc...nil aistreoidh mé vicipéid as gaeilge anois.... =[[
- Bhuel, ní gá go mbeadh do Ghaeilge foirfe agus tá brón orm, ach bhi orm an droch-Ghaeilge a fheabhsú. Agus loitiméireacht a bhí i gceist agat le gach rud eile a rinne tú agus "Tá Sasana aerach" á scríobh agat. Tá cead agat rud maith simplí a scríobh, ach ní haon mhaith duit bheith ag scríobh rudaí mar "Tá Sasana aerach" agus ag iarraidh aistriúchán deacair atá i bhfad thar do chumas a dhéanamh. Tameamseo 15:10, 18 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
Vótáil Cuir in Eagar
Tá vóta ar siúl faoi láthair faoi tusa a bheith i do riarthóir ag Plé Vicipéide:Riarthóirí. Tá mé féin, Alison agus MacTire02 tar éis vóta a chaitheamh ar do shon, ach an féidir leat teachtaireacht a chuir ar an leathanach ag rá an bhfuil tú ag iarraidh a bheith i do riarthóir nó nach bhfuil. Go raibh maith agat. --Footyfanatic3000 17:41, 4 Meitheamh 2009 (UTC)
- Go raibh maith agat! Tá freagra scríofa agam ar an leathanach sin. Tameamseo 23:56, 4 Meitheamh 2009 (UTC)
Tá cearta riarthóireachta ag do chuntas anois, comhghairdeachas! --Gabriel Beecham 13:30, 14 Iúil 2009 (UTC)
Baile an Sceilg Cuir in Eagar
Nílim ag iarraidh a rá go bhfuil tú mícheart, ach an bhfuil tú cinnte go "Baile an Sceilg" i gceart? Feicim go bhfuil tagairt ó logainm.ie agat, ach is cuimhin liom a bheith ansin agus bhí "Baile na Sceilge" tugtha ar an áit. Deireann an vicí Bhéarla an rud céanna. --Footyfanatic3000 14:35, 6 Meitheamh 2009 (UTC)
- Bhuel, nilim cinnte i ndáiríre. Baile na Sceilge a bhíodh agamsa de ghnáth ar an áit, cosúil leatsa. Ach mheas mé go mba cheart úsáid a bhaint as ainm oifigiúil logainm.ie. (Bain mé triail as Google freisin agus bhí níos mó torthaí ann don leagan Baile an Sceilg ná don leagan Baile na Sceilge). Cad a cheapann tú faoin scéal? Tameamseo 22:48, 6 Meitheamh 2009 (UTC)
Request for Help, please Cuir in Eagar
Could you kindly help me translate these passages into the unique and wonderful Gaeilge? Please.
- "Jesus Christ, the Word who became flesh, died on the cross for the redemption of sinners, resurrected on the third day and ascended to heaven. He is the only Saviour of mankind, the Creator of the heavens and earth, and the only true God".
- "The Holy Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, is inspired by God, the only scriptural truth, and the standard for Christian living".
- "Salvation is given by the grace of God through faith. Believers must rely on the Holy Spirit to pursue holiness, to honour God, and to love humanity".
- "The Second Coming of Jesus will take place on the Last Day when He descends from heaven to judge the world: the righteous will receive eternal life, while the wicked will be eternally condemned".
Your help would be very Gratefully Appreciated, Thankyou very much.
(In return, I would be glad to help you translate your favourite articles into the Chinese language) --Jose77 23:43, 28 Meitheamh 2009 (UTC)
- I asked for help on Aladdin and the King of Thieves, but apperently the user in question is a native English speaker like I am and is ga-2. So as far as the grammar is consered, I think you should fix that. I'll ask for more later if you like. Ice Age lover 22:44, 9 Meán Fómhair 2009 (UTC)
- OK, I fixed some of these other video sequels (and the Ice Age theatre releases), but now I'd like the posters and infoboxes please, and I'd like you too make sure all the grammar is correct, and fix it if it isn't. Ice Age lover 23:31, 9 Meán Fómhair 2009 (UTC)
- "sna pictiúrlanna" fixed. Ice Age lover 23:39, 9 Meán Fómhair 2009 (UTC)
An Túr Eiffel Cuir in Eagar
Níl thuigim cén fath nár thathain an t-alt leat sa chas seo?Éóg1916 18:46, 31 Iúil 2009 (UTC)
Filip Nikolic died today, you should update the article.
--Hercule 19:35, 16 Meán Fómhair 2009 (UTC)
A *little* rusty... Cuir in Eagar
Haigh Tameamseo (a Thameamseo?!), thanks for adding the clean-up tags, at least it makes me aware of where my contributions are at in terms of quality. I can imagine what kind of mistakes I'm making (incorrect use of lenition, application of the genitive case, etc.) - I don't want to create more work for other people, so I'll keep new articles small in the hope of making my contributions reasonably helpful! Slán anois! - Rob Lindsey 23:20, 24 Deireadh Fómhair 2009 (UTC)
translator rights on translatewiki.net Cuir in Eagar
Hoi, I have given you translator rights at translatewiki.net.. Have fun !! ... You may know that the WMF updates the localisations from SVN on a daily basis.. you will find that your work has an impact on all the WMF projects when you localise at translatewiki.net :) Thanks, GerardM 08:06, 20 Mí na Samhna 2009 (UTC)
Hi. In November 2009 you got translator rights on translatewiki.net. Unfortunately you have not recently made any contributions there. Maybe you forgot, or maybe you ran into a problem. Please let us know about issues on our support page. In any case, we are very much looking forward to your contributions!
Siebrand translatewiki.net staff
Vicipéid:Halla baile/10,000/Alt Cuir in Eagar
bhfuilimid réidh nó an gá dúinn stumpa a dhéanamh de altanna áirithe...??
Teach Dhoire Mhóir Cuir in Eagar
GRMA Éóg1916 08:48, 10 Bealtaine 2010 (UTC)
- Níl a bhuíochas ort! Tameamseo 08:54, 10 Bealtaine 2010 (UTC)
Foireann náisiúnta peile na hIodáile Cuir in Eagar
Your move of the above article suggests that you want association football articles titled with the word sacar rather than peil, for the sake of clarity. I take it then that I can start moving gaelic football pages that contain only peil or peile in the title, such as Craobh Shinsear Peile Átha Cliath. Onetonycousins 12:05, 30 Bealtaine 2010 (UTC)
- Not quite. I do agree with your moving the Bainisteoirí peile to Bainisteoirí peile Gaelaí etc, which is why I've been helping you there. But the Dublin senior football championship is a more usual title than the Dublin senior Gaelic football championship (as seen from the English wiki title). I wouldn't agree with moving that article. We need to remember that not every case is the same (nor is one language always the same as another). Tameamseo 12:46, 30 Bealtaine 2010 (UTC)
I agree completely, which is why I'll be moving the page about the Italian football team (as seen from the English wiki title). I don't know which "incorrect Irish" you're referring to but if you can provide an example of where I went wrong then I'm happy to learn. Onetonycousins 13:50, 30 Bealtaine 2010 (UTC)
I don't follow what you're saying about the Italian team. The point is that "peil" is the usual Irish term in the county championship title and "peil Ghaelach" is not the usual title of the competitions. No such logic applied in the case of Bainisteoirí peile, so I agree with changing it to Bainsteoirí peile Gaelaí to minimise ambiguity. How does this apply to the Italian case? Surely you're not saying "foireann peile" is an official title / the principal term in Irish in such contexts and that "foireann sacair" is not much used by comparison?
The grammar problem is with the phrase "Peil Ghaelach" and the adjective "Gaelach"
- tuiseal ainmneach (uatha) = -ach - Catagóir:Peil Ghaelach, Is peileadóir Gaelach é Tomás Ó Sé.
- tuiseal ainmneach (iolra) = -acha (le/gan séimhiú) - Catagóir:Peileadóirí Gaelacha, Is peileadóirí Gaelacha iad Tomás Ó Sé agus Marc Ó Sé
- tuiseal ginideach = -aí - Catagóir:Bainsteoirí peile Gaelaí.
For example, you created a category Bainsiteoirí peile Gaelacha, but this is tuiseal ginideach so I corrected it to Bainisteoirí peile Gaelaí. You have now created a category Peileadóirí Gaelaí, but this is tuiseal ainmneach (iolra) so it needs to be changed to Peileadóirí Gaelacha.—Scríobh an t-úsáideoir Tameamseo (plé • dréachtaí) an trácht roimhe seo, ach bhí síniú in easnamh.
- Bhuel, níl aon fhreagra faighte agam. Leanfaidh mé ar aghaidh leis. Tameamseo 21:07, 3 Meitheamh 2010 (UTC)
Maidin mhaith! Cuir in Eagar
Tá mé bron bodhraigh leat. Is é mo ainm Claudi Balaguer (Capsot as an Viquipèdia Catalóine) agus mé i mo bhall de chumann "Amical de la Viquipèdia" atá ag iarraidh a bheith ina Chaibidil (an eagraíocht idirmheánach faoi chuid Wikimedia Foundation) ach tá fás mór tagtha ar an éileamh a diúltaíodh mar gheall ar nach bhfuil ionadaíocht ag an stát Catalóinis. I'm terribly sorry do mo chuid Gaeilge, tá mé ag baint úsáide as an aistritheoir uathoibrithe agus tá mé cinnte an tarraing téacs ach nuair a d'fhág mé na teachtaireachtaí i mBéarla amháin ar aon chuma cúraim. Is féidir leat a thaispeáint dúinn bhur dtacaíocht a ghreamú an teimpléad seo: Wikimedia CAT chun do leathanach úsáideora. Go raibh maith agat agus leithscéal as intíocht seo. Tá súil agam go Gaeilge agus tá an Vicipéid beidh forás a dhéanamh. Is féidir leat brath ar mo thacaíocht nó aon chabhair, beidh mé sásta cabhrú leat an chuid is fearr is féidir liom. An scéal leatsa, ba mhaith liom tú samhradh taitneamhach agus grianmhar. Slán agat, Capsot 09:08, 18 Meitheamh 2010 (UTC)
Athbhreithniú Cuir in Eagar
Dia dhuit a Thameamseo,
Small query about the ‘athbhreithniú’ tags on the Edmund Barton and Alfred Deakin articles. I’ve been placing ‘glanadh’ signs on 95% of the articles I’ve created, but these articles only have single line, copula-based identification sentences. If these sentences are indeed that bad, can you please show me why (or just fix a single one) because I wish to continue with this series of articles. I’m not here to create work for others, which is precisely why I don’t launch into paragraphs upon paragraphs of Bun-Ghaeilge.
If instead you think these articles are simply ridiculously short, note that they already have the necessary ‘stumpa’ or ‘síol’ templates on them. Go raibh maith agat. Rob Lindsey 13:19, 27 Eanáir 2011 (UTC)
- Maith thú! Many thanks for the quick response. I like to think I’m a quick learner (I understand the copula, but obviously I’m missing something in terms of sentence order), so we’ll see how we go. :) Rob Lindsey 22:34, 27 Eanáir 2011 (UTC)
Your administrator permissions on ga.wikipedia Cuir in Eagar
Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc.) was adopted by community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing activity on wikis with no inactivity policy.
You meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for 2 years) on the wiki listed above. Since that wiki does not have its own rights review process, the global one applies.
If you want to keep your rights, you should inform the community of the wiki about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. If the community has a discussion about it and then wants you to keep your rights, please contact the stewards at m:Stewards' noticeboard, and link to the discussion of the local community, where they express their wish to continue to maintain the rights.
If you wish to resign your rights, you can reply here or request removal of your rights on Meta.
If there is no response at all after approximately one month, stewards will proceed to remove your administrator and/or bureaucrat rights. In ambiguous cases, stewards will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review. If you have any questions, please contact the stewards.